Tuesday, March 4, 2008

A New Location

Well we're up and running, and this is my new blog. Actually, it's a continuation of my former blog of the same name at Townhall.com, at a new location.

There are those who will ask: "What does that mean, The View from the Island?" Well, I live in beautiful Southern California, in the Santa Clarita Valley (SCV) in Los Angeles County, a bastion of conservatism surrounded by a sea of liberalism, hence the "Island" metaphor.

I'm hoping to comment on a range of topics which interest me, with an emphasis on the macro (national and international), seasoned with the micro (local) viewpoint; a uniquely SoCal slant.

I'm hoping to visit at least daily, update, comment, and respond to input from others who may comment on this blog.

However, I DO have a family, and a life; if I anticipate an absence, I'll make it known ahead of time. Also, realistically speaking, there simply may not be something to say every single day. We'll see.

This is an experiment, the outcome of which is still unknown. Hopefully, it'll be fun -- for you and for me -- but only time will tell.

In the meantime, welcome.

Brian

10 comments:

The Crawfish said...

FIRST!!!!!!!!

BrianR said...

Craw... This is merely a space I reserved. Look at the date on the page.


I appreciate your posting here, but I don't use this, pard.

BrianR said...

HOWEVER



You certainly are first!

THE ANTI LIBERAL ZONE said...

Brian,

Better here than TH. TH craps out 90% of the time I try to go there and post.

Make the move brother.

Hardnox said...

Brian,

Ditto on what Gunny said.

Buck said...

FOURTH!!!!!

But judging from the dates of the other comments how the heck has this happened? I know I have been on the TH site since then..

What gives?

Anonymous said...

WELCOME!!Look forward to reading your stuff--carry on.

BrianR said...

Hi, Blackwater.

Actually, this is a site I reserved, but am not using at this time. It's the same name as my blog at Townhall.com. Here's the link to that, if you're interested in stopping by and reading:

http://viewfromtheisland.blogtownhall.com/

BrianR said...

I for got my manners!


Thanks, Blackwater. That was really nice of you.

Anonymous said...

HEY BrianR--new post up--come on by!